Clinical Research Coordinators (CRC)
Clinical Research Coordinators (CRCs) are the core of a research team. Coordinators are responsible for the day-to-day conduct of the study and ensure that research is conducted in compliance with the study protocol as well as federal, state and institutional guidelines and regulations. CRCs may require working with the IRB, specialized training, and providing patient care throughout the trial process. To fulfill these responsibilities, CRCs need support and resources. OPRS has promoted CRC efforts by helping to develop education, establishing a Coordinator network and providing a forum to share available resources.
- Clinical Research Coordinator Course (CITI)
- Office of Compliance Research Administrators Forum
- iStar Training Videos
- Good Clinical Practice Training
- Informed Consent Documentation
- Comprehensive Study Document List
- Biomedical Study Binder Table of Contents Sample
- Socio-Behavioral Study Binder Table of Contents Sample
- Sample Checklist for Documenting Subject Visits
- ‘Living Textbook’ of Clinical Trials Clinical Research Toolbox
- Shedding Light on an FDA Visit
- FDA Bioresearch Monitoring (BIMO) Checklist
- CQI Visit Assessment Checklist
- Problems Frequently Identified in OPRS Assessments
The USC Human Subjects Protection Program has developed and printed a wealth of human subjects booklets available to users online or in hard copy by request to email@example.com.
- Should I participate in research?
This brochure has been designed to introduce patients to clinical research and provides them with contact information for exploring further the options available through clinical trials. It is available in Spanish as well as English.
Articles of Interest
CTSA Publications About Research Coordinators
- Clinical Research Coordinator Job Description Recommendations (2012)
- CTSA Training Elements of Clinical Research Coordination (2012)
- Coordinator Resources Recommended by National CTSA Committee (2012)
- “RC Unplugged: What Should be on Your Stop-Doing List”
- “Identifying and Addressing the Training, Support, and Career Development Needs of Research Coordinators”
- “Critical Needs for Clinical Research Support Coordinator Training Support and Career Development”
Commercial Certification and Education
- Society of Clinical Research Associates (SoCRA)
- Association of Clinical Research Professionals
- Comparison of SoCRA & ACRP Certification
- Barnett Educational Services
Research Coordinator Advisory Group
OPRS and the Research Coordinator Advisory Group work together to facilitate improvement in the clinical research process by bringing attention to current challenges. These meetings lead to RC education sessions, policy review and guide RC bulletin content.
Research Opportunities at USC
Explore the USC website Careers at USC to find new opportunities for research coordinators. Search the job category “Laboratory and Research” for available positions at all sites – Health Science Campus, University Park Campus, Verdugo Hills Hospital and Norris Cancer Hospital.
You may also sign up to receive “job alert” emails as positions become available. Click here for Jobs in Research.