Check out USC’s new Research Coordinator Bulletin!
Sign up for the Research Coordinator Listserv.
Research Coordinators are an integral part of the research team. Coordinators are responsible for the day-to-day conduct of the study and ensure that research is conducted in compliance with the study protocol as well as federal, state and institutional guidelines and regulations. In order to fulfill these responsibilities, Research Coordinators need support and resources like those described below. OPRS is helping to develop education and establish a network for Research Coordinators (RCs).
Specific responsibilities of coordinators can vary depending on the study, department, or investigator. Generally, coordinators assist investigators with subject screening and recruitment, scheduling study-specific assessments, and communication with subjects, research team, sponsors and the Institutional Review Board.
|Job Titles||Other Positions with Coordinator-related Duties|
- Dept of Contracts and Grants – Training Sessions
- Good Clinical Practice Options:
USC Regulatory Science Program GCP Courses CITI Good Clinical Practice – Basic Course 1. Go to: pharmacyschool.usclearn.net
2. Create an account for yourself on the website following the instructions given there.
3. You then need to “Enroll” yourself in your distance module by clicking your course title.
4. The enrollment key for Good Clinical Practices is ctsi2011. The “enrollment key” is only required the first time to “enroll” in the course. Thereafter you will only need to enter your personal username and password you created in “New Account” to log in and access any course you have enrolled in.
1. Go to: citiprogram.org
2. Create an account for yourself on the website following the instructions given there or login with your existing account, if you have one.
3. On the “Main Menu”, click “Add a course or update your learner groups”
4. Select “Good Clinical Practice” from the course list and click next. You will now be returned to main menu
5. In the status column click “Re-enter” to begin the course
- Informed Consent Documentation
- ISTAR Practice Application
- Login information for each user role (PI, Co-Investigator, Study Coordinator) is available here.
- Login information for the PI and Study Coordinator practice accounts:
- Principle Investigator
User Name pi1-hsc
- Study Coordinator
User Name sc1-hsc
- Principle Investigator
- Audit Checklist (Biomedical)
- Audit Checklist (Social Behavioral)
- Problems Frequently Identified During an Audit Assessment
Organizing Study Records
- What a Biomedical Study Binder Should Contain
- What a Soc Behavioral Study Binder Should Contain
- Sample Checklist for Documenting Subject Visits
- Data Management
Articles of Interest
- The Role of Clinical Research Coordinator/Data Manager in Oncology Trials
- Monitoring with an Auditor’s Eye
- Adverse Event and Drug Coding in Clinical Research
- Site Visit Follow-Up
Research Coordinator Orientation Course
Coming September 2013
Commercial Certification and Education
- Association of Clinical Research Professionals
- Society of Clinical Research Associates (SoCRA)
- Barnett Educational Services
- University of Pennsylvania Society for Research Coordinators
Publications About Research Coordinators
- “RC Unplugged: What Should be on Your Stop-Doing List”
- “Identifying and Addressing the Training, Support, and Career Development Needs of Research Coordinators”
- “Critical Needs for Clinical Research Support Coordinator Training Support and Career Development”
- Source Documents for Clinical Trial Visits
Do you have ideas for suggestions? Is there additional information you would like us to include on this page? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with “RC Suggestions” in the title.