Human Subjects Policies and Procedures
The Human Subjects Policies and Procedures contain guidance and information for the preparation and conduct of human subjects research. The policies are periodically revised to keep current with changes to institutional policies, Good Clinical Practices (GCP) as well as federal and state regulations. They are a dynamic resource and may change, so check back often for the latest updates.
As part of the Human Subjects Protection Program (HSPP), OPRS is committed to strengthening USC’s policies governing Human Subjects Research (HSR) and ensuring the policies comply with the Federal Regulations for the protection of human subjects (HHS: OHRP / FDA).
- Human Subjects Protection Program (HSPP) Policies and Procedures (2016)
- Summary of Policy Changes (2016)
Additional USC Policies and Memos on Human Subjects Research:
- Flexibility Policy (visit the Flexibility Coalition webpage)
- Part 11 Compliance Statement
- Scientific Misconduct Policy
- Conflict of Interest in Research Policy
- Relationships with Industry Policy
- Dornsife Imaging Center Policy on Human Subjects Research
USC Committees with Oversight of Research
Research may be subject to additional policies and/or review from one of these USC Research Committees.